My life, as of now, revolves around writing essay for HY4211, starting on revisions and awaiting for holidays to come. It is preceded by copious amounts of caffeine, a blur of assignments, Skype interviews (which are two continents away and) late in the wee hours of the night and morning, online and personal resume preparations, NOC bootcamp and events and everything sane in between - soccer, Pedro, Prince, my sister and baby brother's pep talks, M (...).
Nourishment comes in forms of cai fan (economy rice) (where Pedro proceeds to steal my food!) and a big bowl of Dad's heated bak kut teh (Yes, I will terribly miss my Chinese local fare when I am in NYC) (And my naan and prata)
NYC seems too near, too hurried and the listlessness and restlessness to leave the tumbling rat race of Singapore in favour of another leaves me as paradoxically baffled and excited. Some days, I just need my ma, need for days to cease and come to a standstill.


No comments:
Post a Comment